From the Willamette University College of Law, Salem, OR:
During the week of February 27, 2006, the United States Supreme Court will
hear oral arguments in the seven cases summarized below.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(1) MEDICAID (Whether A State Medicaid Program May Recover Costs From a Third Party Judgment)
(2) HABEAS CORPUS (Whether a District Court has the Authority to Dismiss, Sua Sponte, a Habeas Petition that is Untimely)
(3) FIRST AMENEDMENT (Whether Vermont Law Regulating Contributions, Expenditures, and Disclosures for State Office Candidates Violates The First Amendment)
(4) PROBATE (Whether Probate Exception Is Basis for Federal Jurisdiction Determination)
(5) DORMANT COMMERCE CLAUSE (Whether Ohio Investment Tax Credit to Taxpayers Investing In-State Violates the Dormant Commerce Clause)
(6) ELEVENTH AMENDMENT (Whether An Entity That Does Not Qualify As An 'Arm Of The State' For Eleventh Amendment Purposes Can Still Defend Against An Admiralty Suit By Asserting Sovereign Immunity)
(7) EQUAL PROTECTION (Whether States Are Prohibited by the Equal Protection Clause and the First Amendment From Redrawing Districting Plans for the Purpose of Maximizing Partisan Advantage)
If anyone wants more details on any of these cases, let me know.